20 September 2010

what's this about??

Truth...I probably don't have any readers yet, but I am sure going to try and get some!  The fact that no one is probably going to be reading this until after I have made a number of other posts does take a bit of pressure off.  I've heard it said the first blog post is the hardest...how to introduce yourself and your musings to the world in a short, abbreviated fashion.

Thus...here is the short version...

I thought about exactly what the subject matter of my blog will be, and as I am passionate about a number of things, I realized I needed to get to the bigger picture.  I love fashion and beauty, but not ONLY for the pursuit of the newest lip color or perfect grey booties, whatever it may be.  I want my clothes, my home, the Christmas presents I give, EVERYTHING to reflect fashion, but also reflect ME.  I love love love how everyday, you get to create your own image...you are your own walking, talking masterpiece.  It's like all the best parts of a first date...everyday, you can put on any outfit in the world and be anyone you want.  You create the image of you, and showcase it for everyone.  And never underestimate the fact that people pay pay attention to this.  If I could do any job in the world, I would be am image consultant.  Which I actually do now for everyone I know...they just don't pay me.  So, that is what this blog is all about...a little bit of everything that goes into our own daily masterpieces. 

There is a quote by Warren Miller, a maker of great ski documentaries, that states, "If you don't do it this year, you will be another year older when you do."  A quote to live by, if ever there was one.  I have thought and thought about blogging, so why put it off?  There's no time like the present...

No comments:

Post a Comment