20 September 2010

Fresh Week, Fresh Ideas...Americana

So, I'm trying to sort out the format of my blog.  While I know it is something that will likely evolve over time, I figure Mondays are a perfect day for new ideas. 

The fashion world has been on the brain lately, what with Fashion Week coverage being EVERYWHERE, and I started thinking about all the global fashion.  The other day, I tried to channel an effortless, chic Parisian vibe in my clothing.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  The next day I said, "Screw it..I'm not French."  And I wore all denim, distressed leather, and rugged boots.  You know what, I felt like a million!  This kind of made me think a couple thoughts. 

1- Be who you are...these seems so obvious, but nonetheless, sometimes need to be said. 

2 - What is so wrong with America and American fashion?  As an American and someone who loves life and tries to help others do the same, I get sick of America bashing.  That's a political issue and not to be discussed, however, American fashion isn't taboo.  I mean, find a website that isn't showcasing denim on denim on denim.  Good luck.  What is more American, more rugged cowboy than layered denim?  We can thank Mr. Strauss for that.  I love leather bombers, blue jeans, rugged boots...total Americana Fashion.

I find a great deal of inspiration on www.lookbook.nu and have come across a number of Americana looks that I love...I definitely think that this is the perfect vibe for fall, and conveys a sort of casual, fun comfort.

AMERICANA AT IT'S BEST!



I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE BLOND HAIR, AND THE RED MARILYN MONROE LIP WITH THIS...EXACTLY HOW I WOULD WEAR IT!  AND WHAT IS MORE AMERICAN THAN A FIELD OF WHEAT?

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you! Denim, leather, and anything rugged is all me, love it! It is definitely key to be yourself, thats how your true style evolves. I'm glad you found my blog and I found yours!

    http://leatheretteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete