28 October 2010

Step Two...Skin

So your skin...this is a toughie, and I feel is something that involves a lot of trial and error.  A soap, moisturizer, or mask that works for one person's face could be disastrous if used on someone else's.  I tend to follow the gentler-is-better mindset.  I believe that no matter what you are using, consistency is a key.  We all have those nights where we doze off on the couch with a full face of make-up on, where the last thing you want to do when dragging yourself to your bed in the middle of the night is stop off at the bathroom for your nightly skin routine.  But, you have to be a trooper...you will be thankful in the morning when you skin has had a chance to breathe rather than get angry at you for the abuse. 

I do not like to use anything harsh, and luckily my skin seems to be OK with mild soaps and lotions.  If I had to recommend a soap for everyone, I would suggest Yardley Oatmeal Almond Soap...it's gentle, and smells great.  It has just the right amount of moisture, and just the right fragrance.  Truth be told, I am a huge Yardley fan, and adore all their soaps.

Yardley Oatmeal & Almond with Natural Oats Bar Soap 4.25 oz

Beyond washing with gentle soap, I keep the facial routine to a minimum.  I only use an astringent when absolutely necessary, and the same holds true for masks and exfoliating products ( I swear by St. Ives Apricot Scrub - it's all I use ).  I moisturize everyday with Olay Complete, which has sunscreen, a necessity so I don't get wrinkles one day ( fingers crossed ). 

Its funny...I truly feel radiant after washing and moisturizing every morning, and usually don't put make-up of for as least several hours.  With skin...just pay attention.  You will know your body's response to something better than anyone else.  If it isn't working, pitch it.  If it is, no need to change!  It should be mindless, because after all, you have plenty of other things to worry about without worrying about the soaps you use!

No comments:

Post a Comment